onsdag 23 juni 2010

Serially alphabetically

In one of the comments here I found this amazing idea:
once for fun, I took all my books off a shelf and arranged them alphabetically with a twist. I chose a first book at random and the next book's title had to start (excluding a and the) with the last letter of the previous book's title (excluding a and the) and so on. I managed to get all but 15 of the books to fit in this scheme.
This is quite tempting! But there are a few practical cons:

* When you've done half the bookshelf, you're bound to run into problems like "having no more titles that end in an 'M'", and you'll have to shift it around so that titles that end with an 'M' are followed by titles that end in a more common (or do I mean rare?) letter. And even then, there will be books left in the end that just don't fit in.

* New books! You can only ever buy books where the title begins with the last letter of the last book in your bookshelf.
... or something.

But I like the serial idea ...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar