måndag 29 augusti 2011

Alphabetically by first sentence

This is a system I have done myself, and I'm rather proud of it. From "Abner Marsh rapped the head of his hickory walking stick smartly on the hotel desk to get the clerk's attention." to "Äntligen stod prästen i predikstolen.", it was a system that was unequivocally alphabetical, but still entirely asymmetrical and rather impossible for guests to guess. And it had the exquisite bonus of getting to re-read the beginnings of all my books. Book beginnings are wonderful things. While sorting, I was heard mumbling things like "The music, The Morris, The Mole, The Minotaur, The mice", and I ran several guess-the-book-from-the-beginning-quizzes on my (Swedish-language) book blog. It was great fun, and I can recommend it. The whole story (in Swedish) can be found here.











Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar